Lore Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings Fellow 40krs

5 posters

Go down

Greetings Fellow 40krs Empty Greetings Fellow 40krs

Post by Cowsmacker 25/6/2016, 18:11

I just heard about this place from a YouTube comment, And since I thought a forum of 40k lore lovers sounded like a great idea I have come to join the fold and spread dah emperors divine light.
Cowsmacker
Cowsmacker
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Affiliation:

Back to top Go down

Greetings Fellow 40krs Empty Re: Greetings Fellow 40krs

Post by Farseer Amathar 25/6/2016, 18:26

"Your corpse-god cannot help you now, Human."

No, I jest. Welcome to the Lore Lair. This particular forum hasn't been open for very long, so we still have a really small user base, but are always expanding and are always welcoming new players/ fans/ readers/ ect....

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Feel free to share any fan-fictions you have or feel like writing. In general, enjoy your stay. Oh and ignore any 'in-character' insults I might hurl at you. While it is obvious I'm an Eldar player and sympathies with the Eldar, at best I'm only ever semi-in-character, or I'd spend all of my time screaming at Chaos Fans.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowsmacker 25/6/2016, 18:28

No problem, this is probably the 3rd forum I have been to that is just in its infancy, The other was a forum used for starcraft rp map users and I joined a friends chat forum. So Small groups are great since I find the first people to join a forum tend to be interesting folk.
Cowsmacker
Cowsmacker
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Affiliation:

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 25/6/2016, 18:33

Huh. That explains why your profile picture looks like a strange mix of Eldar and Tau (a general 40k-joke lobbed at the Protoss). Which - given the more recent rule editions, isn't apparently as strange as I once thought.

The few users we do have are from North America and Europe, mostly, so posting times vary depending on who is replying.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 26/6/2016, 11:07

Amathar, that profile picture is Tzeentch... Razz

Welcome to the forums Cowsmacker. Nice of you to join in. Smile
As Amathar said, feel free to ask any questions, or post any fanfiction you feel like writing. Smile
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 26/6/2016, 21:45

How can you tell? He's the Chaos God of Change. Anything could be a picture of Tzeentch.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 26/6/2016, 22:01

No it's Tzeentch (take from me...)
They use that particular pic on TTS by Alfabusa all the time.

Plus if you type it into google images it the first thing to pop up.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet
Name: Lucarus Tenecius
Class: Technoarcheologist/Heretek
Affiliation: Adeptus Mechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 26/6/2016, 22:14

Then I declare I don't like it!  All pictures of Tzeentch should be gifs that constantly morph and change, even if on a short loop.

On a more serious note, I've always found the idea of picturing a Chaos God to be... well... kind of dumb.  They're immortal spirits on a plane of reality that doesn't really have any physical laws (or at least laws of physics so drastically different that we have trouble recognizing them) and so hardly have any physical form to make a picture from.  The only exception might be Khorne, who is flat out stated to be sitting in his throne at the top of a mountain of skulls, surrounded by a moat of blood.  You might be able to make a similar argument for Nurgle as he seems to spend all of his time in the kitchen inventing new diseases and then force-feeding them to Isha.  As for Slaanesh - kind of like Tzeentch, She Who Thrists can be whoever you want him to be.  Now I'm perfectly fine with a 'representation of the chaos gods' used by Chaos Cultists or Chaos Space Marines, as I find that a bit more fitting.  Like the classic images from the old 4.5ed Chaos Codex, where each 'god' is clearly just drawn to look like a Space Marine.  Since real life beliefs in gods often state we were created in their image, it is very likely that we like to imagine our Gods like ourselves, which makes the Chaos-God Space-Marine pictures make more sense to me.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 26/6/2016, 22:44

Farseer Amathar wrote:Then I declare I don't like it!  All pictures of Tzeentch should be gifs that constantly morph and change, even if on a short loop.
You should give Muffin a poke and see what she comes up about this. Very Happy
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 26/6/2016, 22:50

Oh yeah.
Welcome mister... 'Cowsmacker'?

Alright, I won't judge. But some people may get the wrong idea Smile
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet
Name: Lucarus Tenecius
Class: Technoarcheologist/Heretek
Affiliation: Adeptus Mechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 27/6/2016, 00:03

Eh. After some rough tabletop games, in which I borrowed my friend's Chaos Army, Tzeentch Terminators died to ap- fire at ridiculous rates and my (friend's) Tzeentch Chaos Lord committed seppuku in the middle of a fight by using his daemon sword - Tzeentch and I agreed we are just acquaintances. We don't work well together. So it's no wonder I wouldn't recognize an image of Tzeentch.

Okay, enough derailing your welcome thread. Welcome to the forum.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Slig 27/6/2016, 23:20

Welcome. Very Happy
Slig
Slig
Technographer
Technographer