Lore Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End Times

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The End Times - Page 2 Empty Re: The End Times

Post by Farseer Amathar 18/6/2016, 05:21

Moonreaper666 wrote:Well Fulgrim did put Guilliman in a coma. If Guilliman ever returned Fulgrim just returns to Ultramar to do all KINDS of freaky shit at him

Its actually better if somebody just unplug Gulliman's life support! (Text-to-Speech reference!)
Don't be so quick to forget Gulliman's plot armor.  The only reason he is in a coma is because all the primarchs needed to be out-of-commission or mia so the Imperium could decay for a while.

Moonreaper666 wrote:
"Do you remember what you said to me, brother? Do you remember what you said to me as we fought before the Pyramid of Photep? Do you remember the words you used? I do. As I recall, your face was tortured. Imagine that - the Master of the Wolves, his ferocity twisted into grief. And yet you still carried out your duty. You always did what was asked of you. So loyal. So tenacious. Truly you were the attack dog of the Emperor. You took no pleasure in what you did. I knew that then, and I know it now. But all things change, my brother."
-Magnus the Red, to a statue of Leman Russ, during the Battle of the Fang, M32[5] (Battle of the Fang Novel, Lexicanum)

It is stated in A Thousand Sons (Novel) that Magnus knows where Russ is. I can be sure its not a paradise where
The Skein of Fate reveals much but does not allow you direct access.  Just because Magnus knows where Russ is, does not mean he has access to him.  And it's sometimes humerus to remember, Magnus was perhaps the most reluctant to join with Chaos and actively schemes and rebels against Tzeentch, from time to time.  Who's to say his actions in the material plane aren't part of some esoteric plan to usurp Tzeentch, or perhaps even undo the very Heresy that Damned him and his legion?  Anything is possible in the Warp.

Moonreaper666 wrote:At the end of the Invasion of Ultramar several things happened:
-One of the Ultramarines Captains resents his Chapter Master for causing half of his men to die for a lie
-Warsmith Honsou wants to return to his homeworld to meet with Perturabo himself

There is no way GW would allow Chaos to lose the 13th Black Crusade. It would anger their fanbase too much to be worth it.
There was no way they's scrap all of Warhammer Fantasy in favor of a flavor-less 40k knock-off that ruins the entire point to Fantasy Tabletop... until they did.  Don't put anything past GW.  If they think they smell money, they'll pursue it strait off a cliff.  Thus said, they do have to start throwing bones to the Chaos fanbase, but usually it's in the form of some phyrric vitory.  While I should already be sentenced to death for bring up "Age of Sigmar" I'm going to point to it again and say, you are sadly about to loose a Chaos God.  And since Slaanesh was my first army back in the day, I will (OOCly of course) shed a tear at the butchering of the lore, should it happen (and here's hoping to Asyuran himself that it doesn't!)

Moonreaper666 wrote:Belakor is powerful enough that he could actually fight the Legion of Damned. These Ghost Astartes couldn't be harmed by Hesparax herself! (And she easily slaughters Astartes like butter!)
I'm going to lean on my earlier statement: don't forget the Imperial Plot Armor.

Moonreaper666 wrote:The Fallen Marbas has reached Daemonhood. So basically the quest of the Dark Angels to make the Fallen repent is absolute stupid and wasteful! (How are you going to make a Daemon Prince repent!?!) -Dataslate: Cypher - Lord of the Fallen pg. 19
Yeah... sometimes Black Library does not keep things consistent either.  The inconsistencies in 40k give rise to so many plot-holes, you'd think the company took a minigun to the cannon.  I'm still sticking to my earlier arguments.  There are Fallen worth saving.  They'll cull or defeat their dark brothers because everybody loves Big E, he is jebus and cannot loose.  Whether I like it or not.  Sad

Moonreaper666 wrote:It is implied that Chaos is responsible for causing the Men of Iron to revolt and initiating the Age of Strife

In one of the Grey Knight books, a Castigator Titan corrupted by Chaos fights the Loyalists
Not unheard of.  But that's a problem they deal with, still.

Moonreaper666 wrote:A small scale civil war happens between the Death Watch and Grey Knights (Because the Death Watch have one of the Ward Boys' precious Artifacts!)

Several Astartes from the following Chapters defect to Chaos:
-Black Dragoons (Mutants treated like shit by the Imperium)
-Blood Ravens (Offshoots of the Thousand Sons)
-Red Scorpions (Offshoots of the Emperor's Children)
Also not unheard of and a problem the Emperium continuously deals with.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Lorgar hates Ultramarines as much as he hates other religions and athiest. If he shows up in End Times/13th Black Crusade, he is going to head start for Ultramar First
Okay, I completely agree on this one.  This is probably who Gulliman will fight (and defeat?  Damn Imperial Plot-Armor!) after he wakes up.  Would make for a good story.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Keep in mind that only Khornate Daemonkin has been released, once the 3 other Codex Supplements are released:
-Chaos gets more insanely OP Chaos Marines!
-They get several Warbands (8k to over 22k Extra Chaos Space Marines)
But you still pay the Chaos Tax.  You're marginally better than Space Marines,  you don't get the and they shall know no rules, but you still have to pay a few points more per model.  That adds up.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Could you imagine the faces of the Adeptus Mechanicus when they find out that they have been worshiping the wrong God all this time!?!
But they haven't.  They literally worship the Emperor in his aspect as Fonzey (sp?) from Happy Days.  With his ability to elbow-bump any machine and get it working again.  He set up the Cult Mechancus far before the Great Crusade, cashing in on his set-up from much earlier, while using them to Guard Dragon and steal some of its power.  Unless the lore on that has changed again.  Though it may be possible Dragon has "wyrmed" his way in as the "Motive Force"
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonreaper666 18/6/2016, 06:00

The Omnisiah worshipped by the Mechanicus is actually the Void Dragon

How hard of a cannon is the fact that Loyalist Space Marines are always around 1 Million Astartes?

Moonreaper666
Technographer
Technographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 18/6/2016, 06:03

It is alluded that the Void Dragon may be the Omnisiah. Not fact.

Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet
Name: Lucarus Tenecius
Class: Technoarcheologist/Heretek
Affiliation: Adeptus Mechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonreaper666 18/6/2016, 20:29

Like it is alluded that in Warhammer Fantasy that the Green Knight is Giles le Breton!

Moonreaper666
Technographer
Technographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 19/6/2016, 09:30

There's a lot of alluded stuff that is only alluded to so that people can have different opinions.
Yes, we all assume that Dragon of Mars IS Void Dragon and has had some influence over Mechanicum as Omnissiah, but we don't and can't know for sure.
Hell, I'm convinced there's a list in GW about all the mysteries of the verse that authors can't ever touch explain, and it's one of them, right next to missing primarchs. Razz
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 19/6/2016, 10:01

Pretty much.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet
Name: Lucarus Tenecius
Class: Technoarcheologist/Heretek
Affiliation: Adeptus Mechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 19/6/2016, 23:35

Judging by Dan Abnett Interviews, some of those secrets have always had answers. Alpharius Omegon was always meant to be a twin, even before the big reveal in the Horus Heresy series. Hard to tell what they're doing behind closed doors.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonreaper666 23/6/2016, 17:09

Farseer Amathar wrote:Judging by Dan Abnett Interviews, some of those secrets have always had answers.  Alpharius Omegon was always meant to be a twin, even before the big reveal in the Horus Heresy series.  Hard to tell what they're doing behind closed doors.

Guilliman only killed an Alpha Legion Astartes. The ENTIRE Legion looks like their Primarch! The entire debacle was a ploy to lure Grandad Smurf and kill him

Moonreaper666
Technographer
Technographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 23/6/2016, 18:46

But I thought Fulgrim slashed Gulliman's throat? Which is it? The Alpha Legion or Fulgrim?

My point was, GW has some (loosely-formed) plans in motion, many of which we as fans will not hear about until after they've been implemented. Judging by Dan Abnett Interviews, you get a small window into some of the inner-workings of GW, but most of it is still "behind closed doors" where we cannot see it. Which may be for better or for worse, depending on where they take 40k next.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 23/6/2016, 20:00

Moonreaper666 wrote:
Farseer Amathar wrote:Judging by Dan Abnett Interviews, some of those secrets have always had answers.  Alpharius Omegon was always meant to be a twin, even before the big reveal in the Horus Heresy series.  Hard to tell what they're doing behind closed doors.

Guilliman only killed an Alpha Legion Astartes. The ENTIRE Legion looks like their Primarch! The entire debacle was a ploy to lure Grandad Smurf and kill him
You have any proof? Or is this another thing of those that we assume is true since implied, but no true proof exist?
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonreaper666 2/7/2016, 06:16

Farseer Amathar wrote:But I thought Fulgrim slashed Gulliman's throat?  Which is it?  The Alpha Legion or Fulgrim?

My point was, GW has some (loosely-formed) plans in motion, many of which we as fans will not hear about until after they've been implemented.  Judging by Dan Abnett Interviews, you get a small window into some of the inner-workings of GW, but most of it is still "behind closed doors" where we cannot see it.  Which may be for better or for worse, depending on where they take 40k next.

Fulgrim did kill Guilliman. The battle between the Ultramarines and Alpha Legion was more of a fight between fishes and fishermen

Moonreaper666
Technographer
Technographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 2/7/2016, 09:01

Actually, Fulgrim didn't kill Guilliman. He's still not dead, and supposedly healing.
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum