Lore Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absence

3 posters

Go down

Absence Empty Absence

Post by Ristiald 13/7/2016, 22:45

I'm gonna be away for the weekend now, there's a convention that I'm goin to and won't be able to keep up with the forum.
I would like to leave a moderator for the time, so it's probably gonna be Amathar at this point in time (not that I expect him to need to do anything, but just to be sure). Please tell me if you agree.
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Absence Empty Re: Absence

Post by Farseer Amathar 13/7/2016, 23:25

Okay. Can do.

I shall crush their skulls under my Iron Moderation.

Or not. Most people usually have to really screw-up to make me mad.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 13/7/2016, 23:28

True. Not that there's many of them around, but I know some people who announcing someone that's able to keep the forum clean is gone can make go batshit crazy. Razz
So just a paranoia precaution. Very Happy
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 13/7/2016, 23:33

Fair enough.

And to those people I still steal and modify a quote to say: "I will crush their skulls under my iron moderation."

Side-note, as this has been bothering me the last few days. What is the point of crushing their skulls under your iron treads, Chaos Predator-Tank? Wouldn't that displease Khorne?
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 13/7/2016, 23:35

The god of war cares not from where the blood flws, only that it flows.

Also, skulls must be offered to Khorne to be blessed by him so unless you have a skull to offer, those are not his to claim. Wink
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 13/7/2016, 23:44

Well you could have a skull to offer him... except you crushed it under your treads instead.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 13/7/2016, 23:51

It's not like wherever there's a Khornate Predator tank there's gonna ever be a shortings of skulls lying around, isn't it? Razz
I mean- Predators as a general rule aren't deployed without infantry and some lighter tanks for cover. So it's probably a grand battle anyway, and it's just a couple of skulls. Not like Berserkes can be trusted not to destroy them ever. Razz
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 13/7/2016, 23:53

Perhaps I'm reading into the quote wrong. Maybe my question shouldn't be "why are you crushing all those skulls, when your main weapon is to blow them up - you think they'd collect them afterwords instead of crush them" instead it should be, "why so eager to tank-shock, why not just blow those skulls up?"
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 13/7/2016, 23:58

I know another answer to rhetoric question might seem just rude, but: "Because Khornates" just can't be stopped there...
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 14/7/2016, 00:02

That would make sense... but I always played the Emperor's Children (for obvious reasons) when I played Chaos. And I assumed the Predator Tank was Chaos Undivided. It wasn't until Dawn of War 2 where you could 'dedicate (a vehicle) to a god' by giving it a specific weapons load-out (and I always chose Tzeentch oddly-enough). When you're proper Chaos Undivided (or maybe there is no such thing and my Eldar Arrogance is showing), you'd think you'd do your best to please all of the Chaos Gods. Crushing skulls is about as beneficial as hording soul-stones without breaking them/ offering them to She Who Thirsts.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 14/7/2016, 00:08

True, but then again, I'm simply not expecting Khornates to reason on such level of ecomony of power. Razz
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 14/7/2016, 00:12

Good point.  Chalk it up to "Sanity is for the weak!"-level of 'dumb things Chaos randomly screams,' and that always bring a smile to my face.  Oh Chaos, you make so little sense.

I also believe that Tzeentch is actually horrible at planning.  Look up how he made Fateweaver and his plan amounts to, "Well that didn't work.  Let's try it again."  It's the definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  And somehow he got lucky and said his plan worked all along.  Yeah-right.  You haven't fooled me.

Edit: Tzeentch can't be good at planning, it is not in its nature. Tzeentch is the god of Plans not of Success. Such is the nature of his plans that, should the be close to success, he'll scuttle them in favor of new plans because he just enjoys planning that much. Why do you think no Black Crusade can succeed? Tzeentch always organizes any gathering of the Chaos Gods, but himself cannot plan well, so everything always falls apart in the end.

Or maybe I'm just crazy. Side note, this is one of my favorite arguments when making fun of 40k. Please do not take it seriously, it's meant as a joke.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 17/7/2016, 20:08

All quiet on the western front... er... I meant no posts while you were gone that I was able to see.

Also, addendum to the post from above. Tzeentch must be the patron Chaos God of Comicbook writers because they too love to cause big disruptive changes then ultimately put all of their toys back, by the end of the story, so that no real changes happen and the writers can do it all over again.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/7/2016, 21:21

Yeah, noticed. Thanks for keeping an eye out. Smile
Convention went well, I got some loot, got to tell some folks about the forum, perhaps we'll get some influx. Very Happy

I'm still having energy drinks in my system. Razz
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Slig 4/8/2016, 00:25

Late but how did the convention go?
Slig
Slig
Technographer
Technographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 4/8/2016, 12:11

As per any convention I was. Very Happy
A lot of fun, although this one was pretty small (and first of the series).
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum