Lore Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL-VoT collaborations

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LL-VoT collaborations Empty Re: LL-VoT collaborations

Post by Lucarus 17/6/2016, 13:39

You know Ris... I could make some half decent videos for this place if you gave me something to talk about.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet
Name: Lucarus Tenecius
Class: Technoarcheologist/Heretek
Affiliation: Adeptus Mechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/6/2016, 15:15

"Something to talk about"? What do you mean by that?
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 17/6/2016, 19:32

Well, Warhammer 40k history of the Imperium has been taken up by Vaults of Terra. Everybody and their brother (and sometimes even their children) does tabletop battle reports. Somebody else talks about in-universe rumors (and I always forget what to find on Arch Warhammer's channel).

You could also do book reviews/ synopsis. But watch it, GW may come after you for telling what happens in their books. You could be a jerk (I jest here) and go against Ed by doing history of 40k, only starting with the Xenos, as Ed has a lot of lore to get through before he circles back around to the other factions.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/6/2016, 19:37

I was actually thinking about trading Ed some translations to his videos in exchange for some advertisement, the idea being that he'll be able to expand his viewer base in such manner. Unfortunately with a forum as small as it is now, I have nothing else to trade with but my own time and skills. Razz

Last edited by Ristiald on 18/6/2016, 01:02; edited 1 time in total
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 17/6/2016, 19:45

Well considering GW is a European company (though native to the UK), I imagine it has far more influence across that continent than it does in either North America or Asia (once again, I imagine). I can only imagine the translations would be useful by helping to expand the viewer base. Alternatively, have you considered offering to help gather and write-out the lore for him, basically developing the script to help cut down on his production time?
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/6/2016, 19:55

Well, Eds lore up to this point is perfect (up to date) as far as I know, and his production time is at this point also close to perfect (having week of RPs, and week of lore interchangably), so I don't really see a way of improvement on this side.
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 17/6/2016, 20:05

By helping with scripts, you cut down on development time.  His research has been close to perfect, but your's isn't bad either.  By helping write a script, if Ed wanted to (and this is all hypothetical) start doing two videos a week, all he'd have to add on is just the voice recording and editing (the other difficult part) of a second video.  He could then tackle two categories a week.  Say Horus Heresy and 40k Xenos, for example.

Alternatively, the only other thing I can think of is to just shove Black Library into Lucan's hands, something I'm fairly certain I saw him joke about within the past week.  So, sorry, know you hate it, but here you go! Laughing
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/6/2016, 20:20

On one hand you're right, and that would speed up developement process, on the other, apart from this research and possible script writing, everything else would have to be done by Ed anyway, and I don't even know how he likes his scripts. Razz
No, sorry, this line is unusable for me.

Farseer Amathar wrote: to just shove Black Library into Lucan's hands,
I don't get it?
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 17/6/2016, 20:38

Farseer Amathar wrote:You could also do book reviews/ synopsis.  But watch it, GW may come after you for telling what happens in their books.
My suggestion to Lucan earlier. Since he was the one who first mentioned doing some kind of video or video series. Combined with a comment made by Lucan on another thread, to make a joke about the only suggestion I made being a bad one.
Lucarus wrote:that is honestly a sound excuse, seeing how the Imperium's archiving looks like it was done by a dyslexic peanut that was granted sentience by a callous god.

Oh, no wait... that's just black library.

I'd argue that if you were to do this (and just the same as entering the drawing contest is Muffin's choice, this is your choice) you'd have to talk to Ed to find out how he likes his scripts. Get him to send you a copy of a couple of old scripts. Then it really just comes down to writing things out in his style of speach. Listen to his videos, listen to how he talks and mimic that in paragraph-form (or whatever fits the outlines he'd give you). It's not uncommon for slightly more internet-dependent (I dislike this term, but I can't think of a better one...) 'youtube stars' to hire others to do their scripts or editing in order to speed up the process of video development. And as you've admitted before, the lore can be scattered and hard to gather into one solid piece. I wouldn't be surprised if he (and maybe his brother?) were reading up on this stuff a week or two before hand just to make sure they had everything.

But as always, it's up to you. Your idea to do translations is a good idea, probably better than my idea.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/6/2016, 21:19

Oh, ok. Thanks.

I wouldn't say it's better, but I like it better since it's mine. Razz
I'll think about it, and if I decide it's worth a try, I'll email Ed with an actual inquiry about it.
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 18/6/2016, 00:00

I'm not sure if I approve of that. But it's your decision.

I honestly still have a grudge, so I'm biased.

But if you can get him to care enough to actually agree, then good on you.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 18/6/2016, 00:24

Lucan, I'm too angry at you at the moment to respond to that properly.
Grudges are for dwarves and small minded individuals.
If some random person tells me he holds a grudge against anything I just laugh him out. Except you're not a random person and you holding a grudge actually makes me angry.

I'm sitting here, writing like 4th or 5th draft of this message to sound even remotely politely, but nothing comes to mind, so I'll just say I'm sorry for however it came out, and I'll get back to it when I'm calm(er).
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 18/6/2016, 00:35

I'm sorry, but I'm never going to get over the fact that Ed gave up on the relay, and then lied about why he closed it.

He didn't care about us, he just wanted us to sit on our thumbs until we could spew lore at some random one time visitors to increase his own fanbase. we were a tool, and he used us. Nothing you or he could say or do will change that.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 18/6/2016, 00:47

I hate to ask, but what proof do you have? My take on the situation has been with minimal first-hand information, but judging by how people usually act, it didn't seem that hostile. Though he didn't seem to be interested in actually managing or overlooking the forum, and I realize that. I doubt he knew what he was getting himself into. But that hardly seems malicious.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

LL-VoT collaborations Empty LL-VoT collaborations

Post by Ristiald 18/6/2016, 00:54

Mind that it was his forum, made for contact with his fans when youtube got comments screwed up, for him to do with it as he pleases, and with the troll outburst at the end, I'm suprised it took him this long to actually close this project down.
As for the lies... well, everybody lies, and everybody makes rationalisations in their own minds to feel good about what they do. He might have needed that one, and I don't care about it.
Sure, we made something more out of Vox Relay than the simple youtube comments supplement it was intended as. Hence where this forum came from.
I lost as much as you did with the closing of Relay. But I'm here not giving to useless, overpowering grudges, working my way to recreate what I lost, hopefully expanding more than previous forum ever encompassed. What do you do?

In all honesty, you might have saved the community of Vox Relay, but I do my best to continue it's purpose. You happen to lack the purpose on your forum, I happen to lack community. You figure out what to do with this.
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 18/6/2016, 01:04

Relax Ris, you don't have to be so defensive.  Or maybe that's just how I read into it.

To me, it seemed as though he was proud of the forum, but also had too much on his plate (what with living a life and running a youtube channel) to moderate the forum, so I always gave him a pass.  That his videos pointed people to a troll-fest is a blemish on his channel and I understand that.  I bear him no ill will, but instead seek to move forward in the zen sense.

What has happened has happened already.  All we can do is move on to the best of our abilities.  Ways to try and market this forum are always welcome.  Even if it is to try and contact old... well... contacts.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 18/6/2016, 01:16

My purpose was never in line with what ed wanted.
I cared about the community, not just what the site was meant to be.
I don't lack purpose, my purpose is, was, and always will be the protection and betterment of the community.

He should have chosen a site admin, instead of trying himself if he was not able.

I made many mistakes, like that co-admin, and I know it. But, believe it or not I also think Zorn is a important part of the community, which is why he's still around.
There was a point were Falco almost left, but I stopped him.

The community needs these people to survive, I know you think we'd be better off without them, but then we'd lose our spirit and become... I don't even know.

I know you think most of us should pack up and move over here. But why should we?

Prove to me you care about the community, and not just the idea of the community... then we'll talk.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 18/6/2016, 01:26

I agree that there should've been a site admin, but when you start a forum who do you pick?  Can you trust someone across the internet to run something you are hoping to help your youtube channel?  I believe that he made a mistake in that choice, but mistakes are human, I don't fault him as we all make them.

What would the community become?  I honestly think Ris has a chance to explore that, here.  Link to your forum, and you should like to his.  You are brothers.  He is the Imperial Archive, you are the Memories in the Warp.  Two aspects of the same setting, but reflections of each other, one with a history that (in some ways, mostly just to maintain the allegory and joke) became twisted over time.

The Lion spoke of a new beginning.  Of wiping away many of the traditions of the old in favor of those logical ones that make sense for the future.  To bring about a golden age of mankind.  To forge something better and greater than it was before!  Now I'm just ranting about 40k because it's fun... please forgive me. Very Happy
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 18/6/2016, 01:34

Honestly? I think Slig could have done the job, seeing how ed basically trusted him to run the forum anyway.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 18/6/2016, 01:36

I could see that. But what can we do about the road not traveled?
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 18/6/2016, 01:42

Not a thing...

I'm not opposed to the idea of collaboration. But I'm not sure if fusing with this site is the best. No offense Ris, but could I trust you to care for the community as much as you do the concept on which it was founded? I'm not sure if I could trust anyone to care as much as me.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 18/6/2016, 01:47

Okay, now we know which one of us is Dr. McCoy.  Does that make me Kirk or Spock? Very Happy I'm hoping Kirk because that comes with an Orion babe!  Who will drug me and try to steal my ship....

That's why if it's linked to us, if Ris does any kind of Collab, and to avoid any detriment to Vaults of Terra, you have the forum introduced as Ed's Collaborator's Forum: the Lore Lair.  "A spiritual successor to my own Vox-Relay, Ristiald has set up a small but growing community willing to...." I'm sure you get the idea by now.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 18/6/2016, 01:51

I see. We are an embarrassment. A stain on his perfect façade.

Well, then both are better off without the other, and we may struggle, but that will change.

I'm tired of all this up-tight pseudo-political crap.

Things change, people change, Ideals don't change.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have work to do.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 18/6/2016, 01:58

That's interesting what you came to Lucan, without me even speaking for myself. You sure you didn't get carried away there?
Consider this- if I considered you a stain on my "perfect façade", why would I say everyone's welcome? Why wouldn't I ban Plaggy the moment I saw his post? Why would I even talk with you about all this instead of telling you about things I don't wan't here?

Anyway, I'm off also. Time to sleep. It's 2 am here. Be back when I wake up.
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 18/6/2016, 01:59

That wasn't what I was trying to imply. Simply that the reasons for Ed to shut down the Vox Relay might have left a bad taste in his mouth so he might see it that way. How we view things and how things are, are not always the same.

If anything, I believe your forum should be linked to this one like the adult section in the back of an old video store. Like the Adult-Only Night-Clubs you find at the Disney Resorts. You know: the most fun places.

But yeah, sometimes you have to play politics and kiss peoples' rear ends to get what you want. And people tend to have different views on what happened, when they have different goals or hopes tied up into it.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum